VACATION DATES AND HOLIDAY DEADLINES WILL BE POSTED IMMEDIATELY BELOW AND IN OUR ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE TOP OF OUR STORE.
ORDERS RECEIVED 9/20-23, 9/27-30 AND 10/2-12 WILL BE PROCESSED THE FOLLOWING DAY. SOME OF THESE DAYS WE'LL BE AVAILABLE TO REPLY TO EMAILS.
**CLICK ON "READ MORE" AT THE END OF THIS SECTION TO VIEW OUR POLICIES AND FAQ.**
Eli, a scion of generations of prominent silversmiths and jewelers, has been making name jewelry for over 40 years. His father arrived in Jerusalem from Tunisia in the 1940s. It's said that in the early 50's a seminary student came to Eli's father looking for gifts to bring back to the US. They came up with the idea of handcrafting names from a sheet of sterling silver to make name necklaces and this is when name necklaces were born. Eli continues to handcraft name jewelry like his father, using a jeweler's saw. Israel remains one of the primary sources for name jewelry and most of those in Israel still making name jewelry by hand are students of Eli.
Ron, an artist and online businessman, collaborated with Eli in 2004 to bring name jewelry into the 21st century with many new name and monogram designs and languages. We were among the first to start selling nameplate jewelry on eBay, Amazon, Etsy and through a website. Today David, Ron's son, handles all the jewelry polishing, attaches chains, etc. freeing Ron to primarily handle design, sales and customer service.
Today many sellers use machines to produce name jewelry. For those looking for handmade, such as many Etsy customers are, we're among the few who still make by hand.
Unfortunately, even Etsy is inundated with sellers of mass produced items made with cheap labor is Asia and elsewhere and who undercut many hardworking artisans from around the world, taking away much needed livelihood from them. Even worse, in contradiction to Etsy policy, many of those selIing name jewelry here are resellers, who have no hand in the jewelry design or making process and are taking away business from actual artisans and jewelers.
Support real artisans and crafters by directing your business here on Etsy to those who actually design and craft their goods by hand!
POLICIES - SHIPPING/DELIVERY INFO - FAQS
ETSY requires that we use their generic policies rather than provide clear and detailed policies and shipping information tailored to our business/products. Also, their new FAQ page is a hassle! Therefore, below you'll find our official policies, shipping/delivery details and FAQs and we expect that all customers will have familiarized themselves with them before ordering as they are our binding policies. We also welcome any questions but ask that you read the below first as many of your questions will be answered.
• The expected delivery time starts from when we receive all the necessary personalization details and can process your order.
• If payment is made by e-check then the delivery time will start from when the check clears and we can process your order.
• Orders must be received by 8am Israel time to be considered received that day. Note that Eastern standard time is 7 hours behind and Pacific standard time is 10 hours behind.
• We and our jeweler are closed from Friday afternoon through Saturday so orders received after 8am Friday through Saturday, Israel time, will be considered as received on Sunday.
• THE EXPECTED SHIPPING AND DELIVERY TIMES ARE AS STATED BELOW. IF ETSY’S “SCHEDULE TO SHIP BY” DATE CONFLICTS WITH THE BELOW TIMES THEN DISREGARD ETSY’S SHIP BY DATE.
*** Standard US Shipping (about 12-21 days)
After trial and error we've determined that the best shipping option for our mostly US customers is by having orders expressed approximately weekly from Israel to our Milwaukee office and then to mail out each order from there with First Class mail with delivery confirmation.
1. Orders are delivered more quickly
2. Customers receive a tracking number
3. No signature is required so the package can be conveniently delivered with your daily mail
Bear in mind that orders may not be confirmed shipped for up to 18 days from date of purchase. It takes 3-5 business days on average for us to receive an express shipment. In addition, our express shipment may experience an occasional delay in US customs, meaning shipping of your order from Milwaukee may be delayed. We bear no responsibility for this. (We're we to ship to you direct from Israel, your package could also be held up in US customs for a few hours or a number of days so the same delay must be allowed to us.
***Standard non US shipping (about 12-24 days)
We ship with registered mail from Israel. While we provide a package number, online tracking is not offered by most country's postal services. Some postal service's online tracking may show when a package is delivered or when delivery is attempted and some postal services may provide information in person/by phone. You choose this shipping option with the understanding that tracking or access to information at the post office may not be available.
Note: A signature is required
SHIPPING UPGRADE OPTIONS WITH TRACKING
***Priority (about 10-18 days) +$6
This option is available to the 21 countries listed below. It's the least expensive shipping option from Israel which includes online tracking.
Expect your order via your country's postal service in around 10-18 business days from when we receive your cleared payment and personalization details. We'll provide the tracking number with the shipping confirmation. A signature is NOT required. Note that it can take 1-2 days to enter your country's postal services tracking system.
This option is available to: (USA), UK, Canada, Australia and Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland
***Express Shipping to All Countries (about in 6-14 business days) +$21
Expect your order via your country's postal service in around 6-12 business days from when we receive your cleared payment and personalization details. We'll provide the tracking number with the shipping confirmation. It can take 1-2 days to enter your country's postal services tracking system.
Note: A signature is required
IMPORTANT DELIVERY INFORMATION
• If you request delivery to a PO Box and a signature is required then make sure you can receive such mail.
• Orders that require a signature: You should receive a notice if an attempted delivery is made and have the option to collect it from your post office or to schedule a redelivery. Don’t delay as the post office will hold the package for a limited time before it's returned to us.
• If a package is returned to us due to it not being collected after attempted delivery or we’re provided with an incorrect address, we'll reship it back to you at your expense when we receive it. We will not refund such an order no matter how long it takes until you finally receive it.
• We bear no responsibility for postal delays, as long as we ship with sufficient time for on time delivery. This includes shipments from Israel to our US office that are delayed by the post or customs, causing us to mail orders out late. It goes without saying that this includes natural causes such as bad weather or delays in your country’s customs.
• We bear no responsibility for any customs duties.
• Religious or national holidays in Israel or your country, whether or not they are postal days, can affect the expected delivery date.
• When we close for more than a few days other than national US holidays we will post the dates above.
• Orders received during these dates will be processed in the order received starting from the day we reopen so delivery times will be based from the date we reopen and not from the date of purchase.
• Please see the top of our the "About" page for holiday order deadlines and delivery delay updates.
• For any US orders shipped via USPS First Class mail we follow the USPS deadlines. Hence, if the USPS states that First Class mail must be postmarked by 12/21 and we meet that deadline and the package doesn’t arrive by Christmas then we’re not responsible.
• The deadlines/updates provided at the top of this page overrides any other stated or spoken information hence, if you choose the standard delivery option and, for example, we’ve already posted the Christmas order deadline, then delivery will be expected by 12/24, even if this is more than the standard delivery time. It’s the customers responsibility to take note of the information at the top of this page.
• Post Christmas deadline orders will be processed in the order received after all orders received within the deadline are processed.
• Orders received immediately after midnight (based on US Pacific time) after a holiday deadline will be considered received after the deadline so don’t assume such orders will be delivered by the holiday.
We make every effort to provide you with a beautiful necklace. If the need arises, we will gladly correct or replace any necklace that arrives flawed or does not match the name that was provided to us.
EVERYTHING WE OFFER IS CUSTOM/PERSONALIZED!
• Therefore, we do not accept returns or exchanges except under certain circumstances as spelled out below.
• Once we've begun working on your order it can't be cancelled. This can be as soon as within 1 hour of placement of order!
• If we agree to refund we may ask that the item be returned, in which case we’ll do so upon confirmation that the item is en route to us.
• If your jewelry breaks** within 90 days of purchase we'll correct or replace it.
• We don’t accept returns for exchange or refund for broken sterling silver nameplates more than 7 letters if not ordered in 1.2mm thickness. Hence, we require silver nameplates longer than 7 characters to be ordered in the 1.2mm thickness and in fact suggest it for all nameplates.
• Name rings ordered in the wrong size will need to be resized by a local jeweler once it has shipped from our jeweler.
• If your jeweler confirms that the ring size isn’t as ordered then we’ll either remake the ring or provide a partial refund to have it resized locally.
• We reserve the right to confirm (and correct) a flaw before providing a replacement. A quality digital image may suffice or we may request the item be returned.
• All returns must be shipped with delivery confirmation.
• If we’re responsible for the return we’ll provide a return label upon request.
• Please familiarize yourself with proper jewelry care to enable you to enjoy your jewelry, with minimal care, for many years. We aren’t responsible for damage due to improper care or negligence.**
3265 N. 52nd st.
• We aren’t responsible for spelling or grammatical errors if the name/word is made as provided to us.
• The first letter of any name will always be made in UPPER CASE, if the font has an upper case option, unless the customer specifically requests otherwise. This is true even if the customer provides the spelling with the first letter in lower case. Some customers don’t realize to submit their names correctly and write them in all lower case or upper case, even though they want (just) the first letter to be capitalized. We're not mind readers and hence will always make the name grammatically correct unless the customer includes a note with the order or immediately follows up with a request to do otherwise.
• Words, that are not names, will be made with the first letter as submitted to us and the rest will be made lower case, if this style has a lower case option.
• For foreign name jewelry, we suggest that you provide the foreign spelling. When transliterating names to another language there may be more than one acceptable/correct spelling and providing your own spelling ensures it will be the way you want.
• If you choose us, whether paid or at no additional cost, to provide the foreign spelling then, depending on the options offered, you're accepting either our choice of spelling, the spelling provided to us by our translator or that we've found online. If you feel the spelling is incorrect when we use a translator then we'll consult with him and if he agrees the jewelry will be remade. If we use a reliable online source or provide the spelling ourselves and you offer solid proof that the spelling is incorrect then the jewelry will be remade.
• The specific translation options can be found in each individual foreign name jewelry listing.
• We don’t provide translations for Armenian so you must provide the spelling. You can use http://am.translit.cc
• If you don't provide the foreign spelling then you're choosing us by default to provide the spelling.
• When converting a name into another language it's done phonetically so the name reads as close as possible to the English name. Names are NOT written in another language by converting each individual letter to the other language. For example, if the name is Carrie it will not be spelled with 2 R's as it's not necessary to pronounce the name phonetically in another language. Similarly, if the name is Kaitlyn, the y will likely be replaced with a letter than makes an I sound as that is how it's pronounced, Autumn, will be written without an n at the end as it is silent, Quinn will be written to be read as Qwin, Fae will be written to read as Fay, Sean will be written to be read as Shawn and not spelled out in 4 foreign characters comparable to S-e-a-n, and Liam will be written to be read as Lee-am and not spelled out to be L-i-a-m and so on.
• No inappropriate words please! We retain the right to cancel any order in which we feel the word is inappropriate language. Our general rule is that any word not allowed on public radio or TV will be refused.
• We reserve the right to refuse to make jewelry that uses the name of G-d.
WHAT ISN'T A FLAW?
• We aren’t responsible if you don’t like the way a letter turned out if it’s made as per the font style. Among other places in our store, in each listing, where applicable, we provide a link to our previewer so you can see how your chosen English name or word or letters of your initial or monogram will look. If you don’t preview before ordering that's your loss. If you didn't preview before ordering and it was correctly made then the claim that "It's not what I expected" is not our responsibility. For further details and policies, see the previewer page, http://www.wow-imports.com/name_jewelry_preview.asp
• Upon receipt you may find a little polish residue or tarnish. We do our best to remove it but occasionally miss a spot. Please take a few moments to remove it.
• Each name necklace is handmade and while we've been doing this for 4 decades and our work is cherished worldwide, slight variation in the lettering and/or style from the samples shown and from the images shown in the name previewer (or font charts) must be expected. Similarly, slight variation from the stated sizes can be expected.
• In order for the nameplates to be sturdy we must often add and/or widen connections between letters. These additions are not shown on screen/printed images of the previewer.
• The curl off the last letter of our Carrie style necklace may slightly vary in style since it’s handmade.
• Our jeweler may score lines on the surface of the pendants to demarcate the borders of letters so they’re more easily identifiable. These markings are at the jeweler’s discretion.
• There may be tiny natural "waves” on the surface of silver and gold and may be visible if carefully scrutinized from close up or by holding them to the light at the right angle. This shouldn’t be treated as a fault.
• If you’re not satisfied with the chain weight, thickness or clasp or the nameplate thickness and received what you ordered then this isn’t considered a fault. You have the option to purchase a chain upgrade or a thicker nameplate.
• The stated thickness of the nameplate is the thickness before polishing. During polishing it’s normal for them to become a little thinner.
• A loop at the end of the chain that opens causing the chain to become detached from the corner of the nameplate can be easily reattached by yourself or anyone handy.
• There is no correct side for the chain clasp. It not only depends if your right or left handed, but also depends if you clasp your necklaces already in position with the clasp at the back of your neck or if you first clasp it with the clasp at your throat and then turn the chain to move the clasp to your back. If you want it the opposite way that we attached the chain then you can change it yourself, go to a local jeweler or send it to us at your expense and with a prepaid return padded envelope and we'll switch it and send it right back.
• We won’t refund you if our sterling silver jewelry causes your skin to turn green. It’s your responsibility to know that this can happen to those sensitive to copper. We also won’t entertain any claim that our jewelry isn’t sterling silver because of it. Sterling silver is 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals, most often copper. The other metals are added because pure silver is soft and can lose its shape or get scratched or pitted with ease. The skin of those who’re sensitive to copper may turn a faint green due to the small copper content in the silver. This happens to a very small % of people. Also, just because you may have a sterling silver ring that doesn't cause green finger is no proof that a ring that causes it isn’t sterling silver. The other ring may have other metals in the 7.5% or it may be rhodium coated, to prevent tarnish, which, at least until it wears off, will likely prevent “green finger” as well. If you're sensitive to copper stick with white gold or copper free or rhodium coated sterling silver. If your ring is causing green finger we suggest putting clear nail polish on the inside of the ring to prevent it.
DO YOU WHOLESALE OR ACCEPT CUSTOM ORDERS?
Retailers should contact us for wholesale pricing. We also drop ship worldwide.
DO YOU OFFER GOLD PLATED JEWELRY?
No! We only deal with quality name jewelry that lasts for many years and that excludes plating, which gradually wears off. We do offer solid yellow and white gold as well as sterling silver.
I DON'T SEE THE STYLE I WANT IN GOLD. CAN I ORDER IT IN GOLD?
Yes, everything we show in sterling can be made in solid gold. We can custom make any piece in gold as well. The gold options include solid 14k white or yellow gold and even solid 18k yellow gold.
For single names, no matter the language, you can order any of our single gold name necklaces and specify the style you want. If a foreign spelling, either include the spelling or see the details of how to order a specific language in each individual foreign name necklace listing or contact us.
When ordering sterling silver name jewelry please do not request it in gold. As is well known, gold costs a lot more than silver so the price is considerably higher.
DO YOU OFFER ROSE GOLD?
DO YOU OFFER STAINLESS STEEL OR ACRYLIC NAME NECKLACES?
Not at the moment but it’s something we’re looking into.
WILL YOUR STERLING SILVER NAME JEWELRY TARNISH?
Sterling silver naturally tarnishes. It's normal, particularly when it touches the skin! Proper care will limit the tarnishing and when necessary it can be easily removed by polishing.
WILL YOUR STERLING SILVER RINGS CAUSE "GREEN FINGER"?
Our sterling silver, which is the standard 92.5% silver, likely contains copper in the 7.5% of other metals. For those who're very sensitive to copper, it can cause the skin underneath to turn a faint green even when in such small quantities such as in most sterling silver. Such people should stick with white gold or sterling silver without any copper content or rhodium coated sterling silver.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS IF ORDERING MORE THAN 1 PIECE?
Our prices are already very reasonable and we only charge a flat low shipping fee no matter how many pieces you order and no matter the location! We'll consider a discount for larger orders so be sure to contact us.
CAN I PREVIEW HOW MY NAME OR MONOGRAM WILL LOOK?
You can preview any name or word for many of our English name necklace, name bracelet, initial and monogram necklace styles. We provide a link to the previewer within the listing.
In fact, not only do we recommend that you use the previewer, when possible, we will not consider any complaints about the shape of letters if made as per the font style since you'll have had the opportunity to preview the name/word before ordering. Be sure to read the important information provided on the previewer page, in addition to this policy/FAQ page.
Here's a link to the previewer:http://www.wow-imports.com/name_jewelry_preview.asp
For most of our Hebrew listings you'll see am image of the font charts so you'll know how each letter looks.
HOW MANY CHARACTERS CAN MY NAME NECKLACE, BRACELET OR ANKLET BE?
As you'll see in each listing, unless otherwise stated, a sterling name necklace in the standard .7mm thickness can be up to 7 characters (letters/numbers) and a name necklace in the 1.2mm thickness and a bracelet or anklet can be up to 10 characters.
Gold name necklaces can be up to 8 letters in up to a .6mm thickness and 10 letters in the .8mm thickness.
The reason for the 7 character limit in the .7mm thickness and 10 character limit in the 1.2mm thickness is because we feel that an 8 or more character name should be thicker to ensure its sturdiness and more than 10 letters will not be sufficiently sturdy, the length will be disproportionate to the height and for such long names/words, we have to make letters more narrow and they just won't look as nice compared to an average 5-6 letter name. If your name/word is 11-12 characters then contact us.
HOW MANY CAPITAL (UPPER CASE) LETTERS CAN I HAVE IN MY NAME NECKLACE?
For sterling silver styles that come in both upper and lower case letters, you may choose up to 2 capital/upper case letters. Each name or word in our 2 name necklaces can have the above allotted maximums. Contact us about additional upper case letters. There's an extra charge for more than 1 capital letter in a gold name necklace.
CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE NAME NECKLACE CHAINS?
Bear in mind that when choosing a chain length for a name necklace in which the chain attaches at the corners that the average nameplate will add 1 - 1-1/2" to the total length. For example, such a nameplate with an 18"/45cm chain will total 19" - 19-1/2" (48- 49cm) long.
Our standard chain for our sterling silver nameplates is an Italian, sterling silver, 1mm wide box chain with a spring clasp. This is the sturdiest lightweight chain and is appropriate for all ages and sexes. For example, the 18"/45cm chain weighs 2.5 grams.
Note that many competitors include a rolo or link chain, which is lighter, cheaper and less sturdy. We don't cut corners with our chains!
A 14"/35cm, 16"/40cm or 18"/45cm box chain with spring clasp is included with our name necklaces. For sterling silver name necklaces we offer an upgrade to a 20"/50cm box chain or to a heavier, 3mm wide figaro chain with an easier to use lobster clasp.
Our 14k and 18k gold name necklaces include a sturdy, lightweight, Italian 14k gold box chain with spring clasp in 14", 16" and 18" (.6 - .8 grams) and additional lengths, styles and weights may be available by special order. A Singapore chain may be substituted in the 14" length.
HOW ARE THE SWAROVSKI CRYSTALS SET?
We use flat back crystals and set them onto the surface with Industrial grade glue. Bear in mind the low cost we charge for adding the crystals. A professional setting would be considerably more expensive and not really appropriate to the relatively low cost of this jewelry. We also don't set into the nameplates since many aren't thick enough and in the unlikely event it would fall out, it would leave a hole.
DO YOU OFFER PRECIOUS OR SEMI PRECIOUS STONES IN PLACE OF THE CRYSTALS?
ARE THERE ANY MONOGRAM OR NAMEPLATE SIZE LIMITATIONS?
DO YOU DO LARGER SIZES THAN THOSE OFFERED?
We offer a size upgrade (1" tall) for our standard sterling silver name necklaces in our Nameplate Upgrade/Add On section.
We can also custom make any size so send us a custom request if you want a different size.
DO YOU OFFER SMALLER NAMEPLATES FOR CHILDREN (OR ADULTS)? ARE THEY STURDY ENOUGH?
We offer a 40% thicker and 50% smaller single name necklace in over 10 styles and in a number of languages, perfect in size and sturdiness for kids. Ask about styles not offered. In our Etsy store go to: https://www.etsy.com/listing/58977933/personalized-sterling-silver-childs-name?
In our website, www.name-necklace.net
go to http://www.name-necklace.net/listing/58977933/childs-name-necklace-sterling-silver
I WANT TO ORDER A RING BUT I'M CONCERNED IT MAY NOT FIT. SHOULD I BE WORRIED?
We've been making name rings for 4 decades and it is very rare that the ring is not the size ordered. As long as you provide the correct size then it should be fine. Please note that we won't accept the UK ring sizes since they are less accurate. Please provide a US ring size or an inside diameter in millimeters. You can use this website for assistance: http://www.onlineconversion.com/ring_size.htm
BUT I DON'T KNOW MY RING SIZE!
We suggest that you have your ring professionally measured. There's numerous websites showing you to figure your ring size but the "homemade" process is not totally accurate.
IS YOUR JEWELRY GIFT WRAPPED?
Our jewelry comes in a gift bag. We don't offer gift boxes or cards.
HOW DO I PROVIDE DETAILS FOR MY ORDER?
Include all necessary personalization details in the Etsy "message to seller" box upon ordering. DO NOT include them with your PayPal payment. If you forgot any details or have any questions or concerns then send us a message or e-mail.
WHAT INFORMATION MUST I PROVIDE WITH MY ORDER?
Each listing will specify what information you need to provide.
If more than 1 style option is offered and you don't provide a style then we'll make the default style, which is the style in the primary image.
If any other required detail is not included, such as the name or initials or foreign spelling when required or if additional payment is required due to length of name, etc. then we'll message you. Your order will be processed only when you provide all details and the expected delivery time will start from that point and not from date of purchase!
WILL I RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION AFTER ORDERING?
Upon payment you'll receive an official confirmation from Etsy. We'll receive the same so you can rely that your order has been received.
WILL YOU ALSO PERSONALLY CONTACT ME TO CONFIRM MY ORDER?
We'll likely not contact you to reconfirm your purchase. However, we'll contact you if we require additional information or payment, clarification or need to inform you of a likely delay of more than a few days. We'll also respond to any message that requires a reply or a confirmation of receipt.